Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sweet beautiful sleep

So last night, the hubs and I had our first night out in quite some time.  We recently moved cities, and we've had a lot going on, between hospital stays, meltdowns, and all the other wonderful things life tosses at us, it just hasn't happened.  Hubs parents take the two middle kids quite often, but baby monkey hasn't slept over anywhere except home or the hospital, lol.

Anyways! I made a friend! (yay!) lol, we'll call her A.  A is amazing.  Anyways, she called me yesterday morning, and offered to take the kiddies for a sleep over! Silly woman, sent her own kids off for the weekend and was offering to take mine!  I jumped. LOL  Actually, no. I thought about it for a couple of hours and decided, we're in the same city, 20 minutes from her house, if anything happened we could go pick up whoever needed to be picked up.

So, I used scene points and got tickets to go see a movie (Crazy, Stupid, Love) and we dropped off 3 of the monkeys (the other one is with the hubs parents!) and off we went.  The movie was okay, I was actually expecting a little better considering the cast, but it was still decent.  A was so sweet and sent me a couple of txts to let me know how the monkeys were doing, and even included a picture of baby monkey sleeping for me <3

Anyways, we came home, and I slept.  All. Night. Long.   Without a baby monkey on top of me, or waking me, without any of the bigger monkeys waking up, without interruption.  Sweet bliss.
Oh sleep, how I have missed you <3.

I called A this morning around 10am, and the troops were still doing well and bless this woman, do you know what she said to me? " Go back to sleep!"  OMG!  ANGEL!  So, I did.  For another hour.
Then because I'm still nursing, I thought my chest might explode. So I went to pick up the monkeys. lol

It's funny, I'm always so hesitant to send my monkeys off somewhere.  But, it always works out, and we're all better for it.

Now we're home, two of the monkey's are napping, and I'm thinking I should go nap with them while the chance is there :)

Thank you A.  You're awesome and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment