Sunday, September 18, 2011

The world of technology.

Do your special needs kids use any type of tablet? Or maybe an ipod/iphone?  We have just recently discovered the world of A4CWSN (Apps for Children with Special Needs).  After finding this group on facebook (A4CWSN), we robbed peter and bought an ipod for the kids.  It's so incredible how far technology has come.
My six year old has Autism.  He has difficulty processing things, and paying attention.  Yet, he can sit on that darn ipod for hours at a time.

I'm interested in getting him an ipad (and hey, perhaps we may be fortunate enough to get one from a4cwsn, but maybe we won't!)   So I'd love to start fundraising for him.  Being in a new city, it's difficult.  I don't really know a lot of people here.  I mean, I *know* the neighbours, but we aren't friends, and I *know* a couple of moms at the school, but we don't talk outside of school.  I have my friend A, that I posted about earlier, and one other person I would call a friend here, but that's about it, which makes things limiting.

So I'm putting this out to the world.  If you needed to fund raise, and you didn't know anyone?  What would you do? How would you go about doing it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment